Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Cow Who Clucked

THE COW WHO CLUCKED 

written and illustrated by Denise Fleming

The Cow Who Clucked is a story about a cow who wakes up one morning and has lost her moo. She decides to go on a search for her moo. She talks to all the animals around the farm. She goes to the dog, the cat, the squirrel and other animals but none of them have her moo, they all have their own animal sounds. The cow finally finds her moo and she has the hen's cluck. I liked this book for the most part. It was somewhat repetitive but I thought it was a cute story and I liked the illustrations. They were really unique and they looked as if they were done with chalk. I love animal books and I think they are really important to children because they allow their imagination to run wild when animals are given human characteristics. I would recommend this book for children Pre-K through 1st grade. I think if I were to read this book to my students I would not read all of the pages because it is so repetitive and it is hard to  keep younger children's attention. 

2 comments:

  1. I know my pre-k kids would love this book! Little ones find those kinds of things so funny and enjoyable. The repetitiveness of it may help with their understanding with story line! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that reptetive books may seem like they can't hold a child's attention, but sometimes those reptetive books are perfect from them because the get to follow and predict what is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete